THE HILLINGDON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE LIMITED
The Hillingdon Chamber of Commerce represents businesses based in London Borough of Hillingdon and is the centre for business activity in the London Borough of Hillingdon. You can learn more about the Chamber by clicking here: https://www.hillingdonChamber.co.uk/about-us/
The Chamber is going through an exciting period of growth. In the last 12-18 months we have transformed ourselves as an organisation, through great leadership and a strategic approach. We have moved from an organisation run entirely by volunteers, to one that is engaging more and more dedicated, paid staff.
The time has now come to appoint a CEO that we can hand the reins over to – someone who is as keen as we are to continue to grow the Chamber in all the directions that have recently been started.
The Chief Executive Officer will play a leading role in overseeing the Chamber’s strategic and operational performance. The CEO will work pro-actively towards the Chamber’s mission to be a catalyst that will actively promote and support responsible economic growth in the London Borough of Hillingdon, while continuing to provide enhanced benefits to members and a vibrant quality of life for its community.
Full Time Position: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Office base in Hayes/Hybrid and various locations within Hillingdon
- The CEO will drive the overall success of the Chamber, collaborating across all sectors to address business community issues by working with the board and key stakeholders.
- CEO will develop strategic plans and deliver the Chamber’s strategic objectives and will ensure effective resource management to achieve the Chamber’s goals.
- Additionally, the CEO will fulfil the role of Manging Director, representing the Board and will be the face of the Chamber for all media and external engagement.
- The CEO will provide strong leadership to the Board, members and wider community.
- To attend Chamber events, building relationships with members and partners.
- Oversee all administrative, operating and engagement functions of the Chamber including operational budget development and adherence.
- Develop and maintain ongoing effective communications with members, local government, business leaders, affiliates, partners and key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective organisational policies and ensures all Chamber activities are implemented within these established policies, guidelines, laws, and ethical standards.
- Define the resources (human, financial, physical) needed to operate effectively and ensure provision for these resources.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and manage staff (both paid and volunteer personnel), as per the needs of the Chamber.
- Lead the executive team to create and implement strategies and achieve goals aligned with the Chamber’s objectives, while providing motivation and guidance to the team.
- Manage resources and activities, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Set objectives for team members and conduct performance reviews, while ensuring compliance with health and safety and human resources guidelines.
- Develop and implement fundraising initiatives and strategies, identifying funding/income streams, submit proposals/tenders and ensure adequate recording of fundraising.
- Oversee financial management of the Chamber, including financial reporting to the Board.
- Liaise with the Chamber Treasurer on financial matters.
- Develop and implement a business development plan to meet membership and sponsorship targets through recruitment, retention, and maintenance.
- Oversee development and improvement of membership support programmes and ensure the Chamber’s value proposition is in line with its vision.
- Act as a representative of the Board, engage with local, regional, and national PR and media, acting as the Chamber spokesperson.
- Build the Chamber’s brand in line with strategic objectives.
- To represent the Chamber on committees, advisory panels, public engagements, and events.
- Lobby on behalf of members and the business community at various levels, including local council and parliament.
- Oversee the events calendar planning, secure relevant keynote speakers and sponsorship opportunities.
- Promote events by collaborating with key stakeholders, press and media agencies.
If you possess the required experience and are passionate about making a positive impact to the business community in the Hillingdon Borough, we encourage you to apply for this exciting, unique leadership opportunity.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to kim@hillingdonChamber.co.uk
Closing date: 20th October 2023
Interview date: 26th October 2023
Please note the appointment of this position is subject to the adoption of new Articles of Association to be agreed by resolution of the members of The Hillingdon Chamber of Commerce Limited at the Extraordinary General Meeting being held on 6th November 2023.
Essential Experience and skills
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience operating at a senior level in an organisation’s strategic and operational leadership.
- Understanding of the business landscape in Hillingdon, London region and UK
- Track record of achieving business and sales KPI targets.
- Skilled in profit and loss statements and budget management.
- Experienced in managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strategic marketer, using innovation, social media, public speaking and PR.
- Facilitating key business meetings, governance, committees and forums.
- Event management experience, including planning, budgeting and goal achievement.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Experience of working in a membership organisation.
- Interpersonal skills in communicating with the media and PR.
- Demonstrable knowledge of political institutions.
- Knowledge of challenges facing Hillingdon based businesses.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours.
- Energetic and enthusiastic; able to exude excitement about the Chamber’s services and programs; excellent in follow-through and commitment to results.
- Must be a “doer”, as well as a delegator.
- Be able to understand, communicate and work within complex political and economic issues within the community and the Borough.
- Possess polished people skills; strong and articulate communication skills; and have the capacity to command respect and credibility.
- Be team-oriented with a participative style and be capable of consistently thinking “outside the box” while maintaining sound business judgment.
- Be entrepreneurial; exhilarated by growth and change; be able to reinvent ideas quickly; think effectively and quickly, and be adaptable, agile, flexible and open-minded.
- Possess demonstrable leadership and management skills.
Job Contact Information:
This content is locked
Login To Unlock The Job Contact Details!