- This event has passed.
MOORE KINGSTON SMITH WEBINAR : Enterprise Series: an inspector calls – what employers need to know in advance of compliance checks
April 27 @ 10:00 am - 10:45 am
The regulatory framework that employers operate in is more complicated now than ever with tax, pension, employment law and immigration issues to keep on top of.
These areas change quickly with new guidance issued on a weekly basis, laws being updated and case law bringing common wisdom into question. For the leaders in your business, this is a lot to deal with. Each compliance regime comes with its own system of penalties and sanctions, so getting anything wrong could have a material financial cost to your business. What does this mean for you? Join Moore Kingston Smith’s Head of Tax, Tim Stovold, and People Advisory Director, Joe Regan, to hear what the current hot topics are when an inspector calls. They will cover:
- The implications of your employees working from home
- Employees working overseas
- Off-payroll working and employment status issues
- Termination payments
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- National minimum wage and national living wage
- Right to work checks
- Abuse of business visas
- Pitfalls of operating a sponsorship licence
- Consequences of poorly drafted employment contracts, handbooks and policy documents