- This event has passed.
International Men’s Day is on its way – 9 November – Beck Theatre
November 9 @ 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
On Thursday 9 November Hillingdon will be celebrating International Men’s Day. There will be a major event at the Beck Theatre, men’s cookery classes organised by Learn Hillingdon, lots of activities at libraries and children’s centres and two men’s mental health breakfast sessions.
The 6 Pillars of International Men’s Day are
1. To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but every day ordinary men who are living decent, honest lives.
2. To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
3. To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
4. To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social attitudes and expectations, and law
5. To improve gender relations and promote gender equality
6. To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential..
High levels of suicide by men are one of the issues that need addressing urgently and that Is why it is the theme for 2023.
The event at the Beck Theatre starts at 5pm with talks and information stall. It will be followed at 8pm by a performance by the Hellfire Comedy Club.
So grab a mate and join the event, dedicated to recognising the positive value men bring to the world. Join for talks on men’s issues on stage, hosted by comedian Rich Wilson (host of the Insane In The Men Brain podcast), alongside authors Simon Mason and H B Lyle, and local experts from Mind and MyHealth Hillingdon. End the night with a line-up of hilarious comedians!
To see the whole programme click here and uses the local events tab. It is open to all genders
Book tickets by using this link