- This event has passed.
HMRC : Joint HMRC National Minimum Wage and Home Office webinar
May 16 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
All employers in the UK have a responsibility to prevent illegal working by conducting simple right to work checks before they employ someone, to make sure the individual is not disqualified from carrying out the work in question by reason of their immigration status. Anyone who is employed as an employee or worker must get the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage, but are you ware of how to check if they are entitled?
Joint HMRC and Home Office webinar: understanding right to work and minimum wage eligibility. The Home Office Immigration Enforcement and HMRC’s National Minimum Wage (NMW) team are offering a joint webinar covering:
- when an employer needs to conduct a Right to Work check
- what type of Right to Work check they need to conduct
- how to use the Home Office Employer Checking Service
- civil penalties and prosecutions when employers do not comply with the Right to Work legislation
- how to report immigration crime
- who is a worker for NMW purposes?
- how to establish if someone is self-employed
- exemptions to minimum wage eligibility