- This event has passed.
MOORE KINGSTON SMITH – WEBINAR INVITATION
May 20 @ 10:00 am - 10:45 am
Off payroll working rules in practice
The new off-payroll working rules came into effect in the private sector on 6 April 2021. The changes bring challenges to some and opportunities for other businesses, depending on their size. For larger businesses, the new regime will add costs and administrative burdens to dealing with freelancers providing their services through a personal service company. For smaller businesses, the small company exemption from these rules makes small businesses more attractive for freelancers to work for and may even motivate larger competitors to outsource projects to smaller agencies who can engage freelancers without the additional layer of cost that this new regime will impose.
During this webinar we will cover:
- IR35/off-payroll working rules – where are we now?
- What are the tax implications (including updates for the changes in Finance Act 2020)?
- Which businesses need to comply with the rules?
- What type of individual is at risk of being treated as an off-payroll worker?
- The associated cost of having to now payroll these deemed workers
- What you should be considering
A review of the third party off-payroll working rule solutions (e.g. umbrella solutions and statement of works arrangements)